Bunker Shepherd’s Pie
The ideal Dinner for every hero in America. Healthy, hearty and packed full of energy-creating ingredients.
Time to prepare: 1 hour
1 teaspoon of #10 Survival Can Beef Bouillon
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Dehydrated Celery
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Dehydrated Carrots
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Dehydrated Green Peas
1 teaspoon #10 Survival Can Iodized Salt
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Dehydrated Onions
1 tablespoon #10 Survival Can Flour
1/3 cup #10 Survival Can Butter Powder
4 1/4 cups filtered water
1 teaspoon of Survival Pepper
1/8 cup #10 Survival Can Butter Powder
2 1/2 cups dehydrated Potato Gems or Potato Flakes
1 cup #10 Survival Can Cheese Powder
- In a large bowl, empty cans of ground beef (drain ¾ of juices from can first). Add Beef Bouillon into the canned meat mixture and stir.
- Pre-heat Oven to 350◦F.
- In a medium sized bowl, re-hydrate vegetables in 2 cups warm water. Let stand for 10-20 minutes until re-constituted. Drain Vegetables when fully re-hydrated.
- Add ¼ cup of water to butter powder and mix. In a large skillet, pour butter mixture, and onions and sauté over medium heat.
- In a large pot, pour meat mixture, vegetables, butter mix and flour and stir for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add salt, pepper and other spices to taste.
- Simmer ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Prepare Cheese-Potato mixture in a medium sized bowl. Add Cheese powder, Potato flakes and 2 cups warm water into the bowl and mix until stiff.
- Pour Meat and Vegetable mixture into an 8 X 8 X 4 baking pan and top mixture with prepared potato mixture. Spread Cheese-Potato mixture over Meat mixture, making sure to spread into corners and covering meat / Vegetables completely.
- Bake 30-35 minutes (Higher altitudes will need longer baking times). Potato mixture will have a light brown crust develop and meat mix will bubble softly over the sides when completely cooked. Serve Warm.