Fireside Peach Bake
The ideal Dessert for every hero in America. Healthy, hearty and packed full of energy-creating ingredients
Time to Prepare: 1 hour
5 cups dehydrated Peach Slices
6 cups of Filtered Water
3/4 cup #10 Survival Can Dehydrated Raisins
3/4 cup #10 Survival Can Quick Oats
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Buttered Powder
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Honey Powder
1/2 teaspoon Survival Cinnamon
1 cup #10 Survival Can Brown Sugar
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can Flour
- Pre-heat Oven to 350◦F. (Higher Altitudes may require temperature 375◦F)
- Re-hydrate Peach Slices and Raisins in 4 1/2 cups warm water. Let stand for 10-20 minutes until re-constituted.
- Drain Fruit when fully re-hydrated.
- Crumble: Combine ¾ cup brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and honey powder in a medium sized bowl. Add 1½ cup of warm water to the mixture until all ingredients are mixed and moist. Add more flour and oats to create a crumble.
- In an 8 X 8 X 4 baking pan, pour Fruit mixture into the bottom of pan. Next, pour crumble mixture over the Fruit base and spread to sides completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping a light brown. 25 minutes into baking spread remaining ¼ cup brown sugar over browned crumble. (Remember, if cooking at 350◦F at high altitude, dessert may need additional baking time).
- When finished cooking, let Peach Bake cool 15-25 minutes. Serve Warm or Cool.