Strawberry-Apple Granola Bars
The ideal Breakfast of every hero in America. Healthy, hearty and packed full of energy-creating ingredients.
Time to Prepare: 1 hour
2 cups Dehydrated Quick Oats
1/3 cup #10 Survival Can Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon ground survival cinnamon
3/4 cup #10 Survival Can Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon #10 Survival Can Iodized Salt
1/2 cup #10 Survival Can of Honey Powder
2 ½ cups Dehydrated Strawberry-Apple Bits
1/3 cup #10 Survival Can of Butter Powder
1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350◦F. Grease 8 X 8 X 2 inch baking pan.
- Add Strawberry-Apple bits in a small bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes to re-constitute. Drain when fruit bits are fully re-hydrated.
- In a large bowl, Stir in the fruit and mix together the dry ingredients. In a another medium sized bowl, mix together butter powder, honey powder and water. Mix the wet ingredients in to the dry ingredients until all ingredients are fully mixed together. (add more wheat flour if the mixture is soupy)
- Spread the mixed ingredients into the baking pan and press firmly into all corners of the pan.
- Bake the Strawberry-Apple Granola Bars for 25-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. (At higher elevations, cooking time may extend 5-10 minutes; keep your eye on the bars and check consistency with a toothpick every additional 3 minutes needed).
- Remove Strawberry-Apple Granola Bars from the oven and place on a cool, solid location. Do not place on anything that may melt or ignite a fire. Placing newly cooked pan of Strawberry-Apple Granola Bars outside to cool, you will increase your cooling time by 1/2 the time. Bars may be packaged in Mylar and frozen to preserve and increase longevity.